Enema Series: Instructions and Recipes
What is an enema?
An enema is a gentle infusion of therapeutic solutions delivered into the colon (large intestine) via the anus to maintain or improve health.
Like the inside of your mouth, your colon contains living organisms and soft tissue. Your mouth stays healthier with regular cleaning. The same is true of your colon.
What is an enema series?
An enema series is the most optimal way to cleanse the colon and promote healing. It consists of three enemas, taken one after the other, each with a different solution.
Why do we cleanse the colon?
The Optimal Health Network enema series is a gentle process for therapeutically cleansing the colon. Home enema benefits include increasing levels of healthy bacteria, reducing levels of unhealthy bacteria, improving liver health, and improving the body's overall detoxification abilities.
"I wanted to let you know that I absolutely love the Enema Series Kit and all the included products. The series of enemas was very doable. I feel terrific! Thank you." ~ Karen C.
Science from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) now shows that the microbiome in the colon is essential for good health. The enema series protocol can be beneficial for people with health struggles such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), prostate issues, anal fissures, hemorrhoids, anxiety, celiac disease, dementia, and heart disease. Scientific research now confirms the connection between an unhealthy microbiome and inflammation, which is the central cause of most pain, mental health imbalances, and disease.
The Optimal Health Network has developed the 3-step enema series to help you clear out the entire colon and optimize the health of your microbiome, as well as feed the cells of the colon wall, all while supporting the body's overall detoxification pathways.
Wondering how to do an enema at home? On this page I present the protocol that I use in my clinic to clear out the entire colon with an enema series.
Single Enema vs. Enema Series
Clinically, the enema series is more effective than a single enema. The first two enemas are essential to the effectiveness of the final enema, which is a coffee enema. Because the primary action of the coffee enema is to allow the coffee solution to be absorbed into the portal vein**, you don't want to reabsorb any toxic byproducts of the waste sitting in the lower colon. You want to first cleanse that waste with the first two enemas in the series. The enema series was created to optimize the therapeutic benefits of the coffee enema.
** The portal vein or hepatic portal vein is a blood vessel that carries blood from the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder, pancreas, and spleen to the liver. About 75% of total liver blood flow is through the portal vein.
Learn More: Coffee Enema Instructions
Watch Video: Why Choose the Enema Series Kit?
Clinically, the enema series is more effective than a single enema. The first two enemas in the series prepare the colon by emptying out toxic byproducts...
BUY ENEMA SERIES KIT
Optimal Health Network's Enema Series Protocol
Our made-for enema goat milk soaps contain butyric acid, the main food source of the cells in the lining of the colon, which helps the cells to function properly and maintain the integrity of the intestinal lining.
Our made-for-enema soap also stimulates the colon without irritating it, thereby increasing the healing properties and effectiveness of the colon-cleansing therapy.
- Use 1-4 quarts of filtered water and made-for-enema goat milk soap.
- Soak soap in the water for 20-60 seconds. The amount of water and soap one uses varies between people: a more sensitive person needs less soap, and your colon will let you know how much enema solution to take in. During this enema, start out on your left side.
- After the first ½ to 1 quart of filtered water has been delivered into the colon, turn onto your back. Massaging the abdomen during this time assists the body in receiving the water with less cramping.
- The first enema doesn't need to be held at all; once the colon is full, sit on the toilet and empty.
WATCH VIDEO: How to Use the Goat Milk Enema Soap
This enema is used to clear out the second half of the colon, balance electrolytes, optimize for healthy bacteria, and strengthen overall immunity. You ought to be able to take at least 2 quarts of water into your body during this colon cleanse. Take your time with this enema.
- Add 2-4 quarts of water to enema bucket or bag.
- Thoroughly mix together and add one teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt and 2-4 drops of OHN Colon Cleanse Essential Oil Blend to each quart of filtered water.
- The second enema doesn't need to be held.
- Sit on the toilet and empty.
This enema, using organic, air-roasted enema coffee, adds an additional level of therapy to your colon cleanse by assisting your liver and gallbladder.
When using coffee, Himalayan pink salt is not needed. The oils disperse well in the coffee alone.
- Use one quart of filtered water with one tablespoon to one cup of brewed, organic, made-for-enema coffee for this colon cleansing solution. This enema adds an additional level of therapy to your colon cleanse by assisting your liver and gallbladder.
- Hold the coffee enema solution for 12-15 minutes, after you have taken all of the coffee solution into your colon.
- Once the time has passed, sit on the toilet and empty.
Learn More: Coffee Enema Detox Recipes
The enema series protocol listed above will not deplete the body of electrolytes, will increase the amount of healthy microorganisms in the colon, will improve overall immunity, will support the liver, and will not irritate sensitive colonic tissues. In this way, regular enemas are very healthy for most people.
Ten Days to Optimal Health
Eating well goes hand in hand with regular enemas. In order to maintain your excellent health, you need to feed your body the nutrients that it requires to nourish your cells, glands, organs, muscles, bones, etc. There is no way around this. Colon cleansing, without the proper diet to support your individual biochemistry, will not allow you optimal health over time.
I recommend that you work through my book,
Ten Days to Optimal Health: A Guide to Nutritional Therapy and Colon Cleansing. This 35-day nutritional and cleansing program is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach using food and colon cleansing to bring your body towards a state of optimal health. I am confident that by following the entire 35 days of the health program, as laid out in the book, your health will improve.
By Kristina Amelong, CCT, CNC
I-ACT-Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
Certified Nutritional Consultant