Essential Oils for Lyme Disease
Struggling with Lyme and co-infections such as Ehrlichiosis, Babesia, or Bartonella?
Therapeutic essential oils help support the body by providing nutrients the body needs to heal itself. Many people find that when they use essential oils, their health complaints are reduced. Could essential oils be useful for you?
What you need to know:
- Lyme-related health struggles are different from person to person. Therefore, the Lyme journey is often a uniquely individual journey.
- When using therapeutic essential oils to treat Lyme and its related co-infections, the oils should be rotated, thus helping to eradicate the infections in layers, and taking breaks to detox.
- In my clinical work, essential oils which I have found beneficial in supporting patients with Lyme and related co-infections are marjoram, cinnamon bark, tangerine, frankincense, geranium, and oregano. (Always test the essential oils first on the underside of your arm to determine if you have a sensitivity.)
- Supporting the body when you have Lyme and its co-infections can be a long-term process that can bring tremendous physical and emotional benefits.
Learn more: What Are the Symptoms of Lyme Disease?
Severe Lyme Cases
Here is an example of what one of my clients did over a period of 10 months to improve her overall health using an essential oil program (oral and/or rectal).
- Take the chosen oil drops 4 times per day for 4 days in a row. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
- Next, take the drops 4 times per day for 5 days in a row. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
- Take the drops 3 times per day for 7 days. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
- Take the drops 3 times per day for 9 days. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
- Finally, take the drops twice per day for 10 days. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
Mild Lyme Cases
Here is an example of a one-month essential oil program (oral and/or rectal) for mild cases of Lyme and its co-infections:
- Take the chosen oil drops 4 times per day for 3 days. Stop for 3 days to detox.
- Next, take the drops 3 times per day for 4 days. Stop for 3 days to detox.
- Take the drops 3 times per day for 5 days. Stop for 3 days to detox.
- Finally, take the drops twice per day for 6 days. Detox for 3 days.
Detox Protocols for Lyme Disease
In the protocols outlined above, detox may include:
This program is optimally done in conjunction with dietary changes, herbal support like milk thistle, dandelion root, ashwaganda or echinacea, colon support such as
suppositories and implants, and a health consultation with me.
When working with "hot" oils such as oregano and cinnamon, you may only need 3-5 drops, once or twice per day. On the other hand, when using gentler oils such as frankincense, tangerine, and geranium, you may need as many as 15-20 drops, two to three times per day.
If you live in a tick-infested area where tick bites are seemingly unavoidable, consider using the above essential oils (orally and/or rectally).
Where ticks are prevalent, also use naturally tick-repelling oils such as geranium, grapefruit, thyme, and oregano on your skin when outdoors.
Need Support with Lyme Disease?
For initial questions or help with product selection for your Lyme disease program, including essential oils and supplements, please call the Optimal Health Network at (608) 242-0200.
For more personalized help with treating Lyme disease, I would be happy to assist via a scheduled phone consultation. I charge $1.80 per minute. First complete any relevant sections on my secure online intake form. Upon submitting the form, you will be prompted to set a consultation time with me via my online booking system. Please note that appointment times are USA Central Time.
By Kristina Amelong, CCT, CNC
I-ACT-Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
Certified Nutritional Consultant