Coffee Enema Instructions
How To Administer a Coffee Enema at Home
What Does a Coffee Enema Do?
Conducting Coffee Enemas at Home
Single Coffee Enema
vs. Enema Series
Coffee Enema Detox Recipes
Optimal Health Network offers top-quality coffee enema kits for sale in our online store, along with expert guidance from Kristina Amelong, a certified colon hydrotherapist, for effective administration of home enemas. Here Kristina covers how to take an enema, whether to use a bag or bucket, the best coffee to use, and the differences in benefit between a single coffee enema and performing a coffee enema as part of an enema series.
What Does a Coffee Enema Do? How Does A Coffee Enema Cleanse the Liver?
A properly performed coffee enema greatly facilitates the release of toxins by:
- stimulating the liver, a main organ of detoxification, to produce more bile. Bile is a bodily fluid that has a role in fat digestion and into which many toxins, both internally and externally generated, are dissolved for removal from the body through the gallbladder, small intestine, and colon.
- causing the muscles of the bile duct to relax, opening the duct widely to produce a large flow of bile from the gallbladder into the small intestine (where you should have a binding agent present -- chlorophyll -- to tightly bind the toxins to prevent reabsorption). This allows the liver to rid itself of many toxins quickly, freeing it to process more blood-transported toxins from throughout the body. This liver cleanse results in a systemic detoxification effect and greater overall well-being. All the blood in your body passes through the liver about every three minutes.
- dilating blood vessels via effects of the coffee's theophylline and theobromine, further increasing blood flow to the liver.
- increasing production of glutathione s-transferase (GST), a key detoxification enzyme, by 600% to 700%, via action of coffee's palmitic acid. GST shuttles toxins for binding with glutathione, which neutralizes them and carries them out of the body in the bile.
- speeding transit of waste through the colon.
Coffee Enemas as Adjunct Treatment for Cancer
Coffee enemas have also been used throughout the past century as an additional or alternative treatment for cancer. Studies have shown that the Gerson therapy (a treatment protocol that combines coffee enemas and nutrition) can increase 5-year survival rates for melanoma patients.
Conducting Coffee Enemas at Home
Ensure you have proper supplies, including organic, air-roasted coffee. The more you perform coffee enemas at home, the easier it becomes to hold the enema for 12 or more minutes, especially if you deliver the coffee slowly. If you experience periodic peristaltic contractions of the colon, continue holding the enema through each contraction if you can do so comfortably. If you feel significantly strained or feel any form of pain, go to the toilet, allow the enema to be expelled, and start again. When performing the coffee enema, take in 1 cup to 1 quart at a time and hold for 12-15 minutes. Coffee adds an additional level of therapy to your colon cleanse by assisting your liver and gallbladder.
- Use one quart of filtered water with one tablespoon to one cup of brewed, organic, air-roasted enema coffee for this colon-cleansing solution.
- Hold the coffee enema solution for 12-15 minutes after you have taken all of the coffee solution into your colon.
- Once the time has passed, sit on the toilet and empty.
"For the first time, I managed to get in one quart of coffee by going slowly as follows: The bucket was placed about one foot above my body lying down. I let the flow go for 10 seconds every minute for 15 minutes. Thereafter I kept the coffee in for 10 minutes before evacuating." ~ Henri L.
How To Take a Coffee Enema
Dee Dee Delkamp, CCT, CNC, describes the benefits of coffee enemas and gives step-by-step instructions for safely administering a home coffee enema.
Enema Bags vs. Enema Buckets
Coffee enemas can be taken using either a bucket or a silicone bag. Our silicone enema bag kits include heavy-duty S-hooks, which make it easy to hang your bag from a shower curtain or doorknob. Our stainless steel buckets are sturdy and can be set on any flat surface such as a sink edge or an end table. Both our enema buckets and our enema bags are easy to clean and dry. The enema bags are easy to store and travel with, whereas the enema buckets take up more space. The stainless steel buckets are very high in quality, and their price reflects the craftsmanship that goes into making them. The silicone bags are also higher in quality than most enema bags, and their price reflects this quality, however they are more cost-effective than the stainless steel buckets.
Which Is Right for Me: Enema Bag or Enema Bucket?
Kristina Amelong, CCT, CNC, explains that whether your preference is a silicone classic fountain enema bag or a stainless steel bucket, Optimal Health Network has you covered. We offer educational resources to better use and understand your enema system. Optimal Health Network's silicone enema bags come with a lifetime warranty!
Single Coffee Enema vs. Enema Series
Clinically, the enema series is more effective than a single enema. The first two enemas are essential to the effectiveness of the final enema, which is a coffee enema. Because the primary action of the coffee enema is to allow the coffee solution to be absorbed into the portal vein**, you don't want to reabsorb any toxic byproducts of the waste sitting in the lower colon. You want to first cleanse that waste with the first two enemas in the series. The enema series was created to optimize the therapeutic benefits of the coffee enema.
** The portal vein or hepatic portal vein is a blood vessel that carries blood from the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder, pancreas, and spleen to the liver. About 75% of total liver blood flow is through the portal vein.
Why Choose the Enema Series Kit?
Kristina Amelong, CCT, CNC, explains that clinically the enema series is more effective than a single enema.
By Kristina Amelong, CCT, CNC
I-ACT-Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
Certified Nutritional Consultant