Essential Oils for Lyme Disease Support
Struggling with Lyme and co-infections such as Ehrlichiosis, Babesia, or Bartonella?
IMPORTANT: If you suspect you may have Lyme disease or other tickborne illness, see a doctor as quickly as possible for diagnosis and initial treatment.
If Lyme disease is diagnosed early, antibiotics often can treat the disease effectively.
However, if you continue to experience Lyme disease symptoms after antibiotic treatment is completed, or suspect that you may have chronic Lyme disease (also known as post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome), you may need to turn to other solutions, since long-term antibiotic use can be ineffective, have a harmful impact on your gut microbiome, and potentially weaken your immune system.
It's vital to support the health of your entire body when battling Lyme disease and/or related infections. The disease itself plus the antibiotic treatment can take a heavy toll on your body.
Therapeutic essential oils help support the body by providing nutrients the body needs to heal itself. Could essential oils be useful for you in supporting your Lyme recovery?
What you need to know:
- Lyme-related health struggles are different from person to person. Therefore, the Lyme journey is often a uniquely individual journey.
- When using therapeutic essential oils to treat Lyme and its related co-infections, the oils should be rotated, thus helping to eradicate the infections in layers, and taking breaks to detox.
- In my clinical work, essential oils which I have found beneficial in supporting patients with Lyme and related co-infections are marjoram, cinnamon bark, tangerine, frankincense, geranium, and oregano. (Always test the essential oils first on the underside of your arm to determine if you have a sensitivity.)
- Supporting the body when you have Lyme and its co-infections can be a long-term process that can bring tremendous physical and emotional benefits.
Learn more: What Are the Symptoms of Lyme Disease?
Severe Lyme Cases
Here is an example of what one of my clients did over a period of 10 months to improve her overall health using an essential oil program (oral and/or rectal).
- Take the chosen oil drops 4 times per day for 4 days in a row. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
- Next, take the drops 4 times per day for 5 days in a row. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
- Take the drops 3 times per day for 7 days. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
- Take the drops 3 times per day for 9 days. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
- Finally, take the drops twice per day for 10 days. Stop for 3 days to detox. Repeat this 6 times.
Mild Lyme Cases
Here is an example of a one-month essential oil program (oral and/or rectal) for mild cases of Lyme and its co-infections:
- Take the chosen oil drops 4 times per day for 3 days. Stop for 3 days to detox.
- Next, take the drops 3 times per day for 4 days. Stop for 3 days to detox.
- Take the drops 3 times per day for 5 days. Stop for 3 days to detox.
- Finally, take the drops twice per day for 6 days. Detox for 3 days.
NEW: OHN Lyme Disease Essential Oil Blend
Using information gathered from scientific studies and my 20+ years of working with patients suffering from Lyme disease, I have designed this custom essential oil blend to target and help eliminate the B. burgdorferi bacterium (the bacterium that cause Lyme disease) by penetrating the biofilms that the bacterium produces to protect itself from antibiotics.
▶︎ VIEW PRODUCT DETAILS
This custom blend may be especially effective for those suffering from chronic Lyme disease (also known as post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome), as long-term antibiotic use can be ineffective and harmful to your gut microbiome and immune system.
Detox Protocols for Lyme Disease
In the protocols outlined above, detox may include:
This program is optimally done in conjunction with dietary changes, herbal support like milk thistle, dandelion root, ashwaganda or echinacea, colon support such as
suppositories and implants, and a health consultation with me.
When working with "hot" oils such as oregano and cinnamon, you may only need 3-5 drops, once or twice per day. On the other hand, when using gentler oils such as frankincense, tangerine, and geranium, you may need as many as 15-20 drops, two to three times per day.
If you live in a tick-infested area where tick bites are seemingly unavoidable, consider using the above essential oils (orally and/or rectally).
Where ticks are prevalent, also use naturally tick-repelling oils such as geranium, grapefruit, thyme, and oregano on your skin when outdoors.
DISCLAIMER: The material presented on this page is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or prescribing from a licensed healthcare professional. Consult with a licensed healthcare professional before altering or discontinuing any current medications, treatment, or care, or starting any diet, exercise, cleansing, or supplementation program, or if you have or suspect you might have a health condition that requires medical attention.
Need Support with Lyme Disease?
For initial questions or help with product selection for your Lyme disease program, including essential oils and supplements, please call the Optimal Health Network at (608) 242-0200.
For more personalized help with treating Lyme disease, I would be happy to assist via a scheduled phone consultation. I charge $1.80 per minute. First complete any relevant sections on my secure online intake form. Upon submitting the form, you will be prompted to set a consultation time with me via my online booking system. Please note that appointment times are USA Central Time.
By Kristina Amelong, CCT, CNC
I-ACT-Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
Certified Nutritional Consultant