Peppermint improves the effectiveness of the colon cleanse. One of the
oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency.
Jean Valnet MD studied peppermint's supportive effect on the liver and respiratory systems.
Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied
peppermint's ability to improve concentration and mental sharpness. Alan
Hirsch MD studied peppermint's ability to directly affect the brain's
satiety center, which triggers a sensation of fullness after meals.
Peppermint has an approximate ORAC of 373,455 (TE/L).
(TE/L is expressed
as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.)
This is Kristina's favorite essential oil for taking orally and/or rubbing on her abdomen whenever she needs digestive support. She also rubs this oil on her back when she has muscle tension.
Drink in water, or rub a few drops on the belly, twice daily, to support digestion, heal from diverticulitis, and reduce gut pain.
Rocky Mountain Oils Peppermint essential oil benefits the respiratory system, opens the sensory system, for stimulation, strengthening, shock, fever, headache, migraine, antiseptic, throat infection, colds and flu. Beneficial for asthma, bronchitis, itchy skin, anti-spasmodic, inflammation, swelling, sinuses, anti-bacterial, jet lag, chronic fatigue syndrome, colic, cramp, fatigue, nervous stress, vertigo, toothache, acne, ringworm, heartburn, diarrhea, indigestion, motion sickness, nausea, halitosis, varicose veins, arthritis, menstrual regularity, hot flashes, liver problems, dispels pride, inferiority. It mixes well with all oils (use in small amounts).
Oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) is a method of measuring antioxidant capacities in biological samples in vitro.
HOW TO USE:
- In Enemas: add 5-10 drops to your enema solution.
- In Suppositories: add 5-10 drops to each coconut oil suppository.
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed. Apply to bottom of feet, wrists and outside of ears. Blend with massage oil for a calming massage.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour three times daily in the work or home environment.
- As a Supplement: dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid such as water or rice milk.
CAUTIONS: Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Dilution recommended for both topical and internal use. Do not apply neat to a fresh wound or burn. Dilute before using on sensitive areas such as the face, neck, genital area, etc. Avoid using on infants and very small children. Keep out of reach of children.
What are the core elements of a fast, easy, and healthy weight loss program?
- Diet of the Ten Days to Optimal Health program
- Eat small meals often.
- No sugar for 10 days. Low carbohydrates.
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, healthy proteins, and healthy fats.
- Water every 30 minutes.
- No gluten grains for 10 days.
- No commercial dairy.
- Fitness Essential Oil Blend helps to balance blood sugar and reduces food cravings. Use 3-4 drops nightly in a homemade suppository to support weight loss.
- Also, orally take 4 drops of Lemon Essential Oil and 4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil 1-3 times daily. The lemon will help to break up the toxins in your body and in your fat cells. The peppermint will help to regulate your digestion. It's a powerful combination.
Cleanse, Lose Weight, and Detox with Essential Oils
Kristina Amelong, CCT, CNC, and Michelle Buchanan, CAc, of Isthmus Acupuncture discuss how to cleanse, lose weight, and detox safely using citrus essential oils.