View Detailed Product Info (PDF)
30 scoops per container
A healthy gastrointestinal (GI) tract has an epithelial mucosal barrier that prevents the passage of food antigens (proteins), toxins, and
microorganisms from crossing into the bloodstream. Stress, overconsumption of alcohol, food intolerance, microbial imbalance, and poor nutrition can affect the integrity of the epithelial barrier. The health of the GI tract is dependent on the modulation of these factors.
The ingredients in GlutaShield help regenerate and maintain GI enterocytes while supporting the health of the intestinal mucosal barrier. GlutaShield includes a high dose of L-glutamine (4 g), which serves as nutrition for the gut lining. It provides 500 g of deglycyrrhized licorice root extract (DGL) and 75 mg of aloe vera extract, both of which protect and promote the health of the gut mucosa. N-acetyl glucosamine and zinc boost GI integrity.
- Supports GI barrier health and integrity
- Promotes inflammatory balance and healthy gut epithelium
- Provides concentrated nutrition for GI cells
- Deglycyrrhized Licorice Root Extract (DGL) - DGL is a form of licorice root that has been specially processed to contain only biologically active flavonoids, without glycyrrhizin. This allows for higher dosing of the active ingredient, which helps maintain a healthy mucosal surface.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Gel Extract - A demulcent that has been used throughout history, aloe vera has long been known to promote a normal inflammatory response. Studies have shown aloe vera is specifically beneficial to the gastric mucosa, in part by its ability to balance stomach acid levels and promote healthy mucus production.
- L-Glutamine - L-glutamine is a main source of fuel for the cells of the small intestines and essential to tissue repair throughout the body. Enterocytes use the amino acid to help maintain the health of the mucosa.
- N-Acetyl Glucosamine - N-acetyl glucosamine is the acetylated form of glucosamine. It is a mucin precursor and has been shown to increase the production of mucus within the GI tract.
- Zinc - Zinc is an essential mineral widely recognized for its role in gut and immune health. Zinc has been shown to strengthen GI barrier function by supporting the structure of tight junctions.
SUGGESTED USE: Mix 1 scoop (6.9 grams) of GlutaShield with water or the beverage of your choice, once daily or as recommended by your health care professional.
Other ingredients: natural flavors, cocoa processed with alkali, and rebaudioside A (organic).
▶︎ ORTHO MOLECULAR SALES POLICY
Per manufacturer policy, all Ortho Molecular products must be purchased within the context of an established practitioner/patient relationship. We cannot sell these products online outside of such a relationship.
If you are an established OHN patient who has ordered Ortho Molecular products from us in the past, please call or text us to place your order. We are happy to assist you in completing your order promptly!
If you are interested in these products but are not an established patient with OHN and don't have your own doctor, please click here to schedule an initial health consultation by phone with Kristina Amelong, CCT, CNC. Affordable per-minute rates!
▶︎ Learn More about Personal Health Consultations