Enema Series: Enema Videos, Steps & Recipes
What is an enema?
Enema definition: a gentle infusion of therapeutic solutions delivered into the colon to improve health
Like the inside of your mouth, your colon contains living organisms and soft tissue. Your mouth stays healthier with regular cleaning. The same is true of your colon. Regular colon cleansing is as beneficial to your health as regular teeth brushing.
Why do we clean out the colon?
The Optimal Health Network enema series is a gentle process for therapeutically cleansing the colon. Home enema benefits include increasing healthy levels of bacteria, reducing unhealthy levels of bacteria, increasing liver health, and improving the body's overall detoxification abilities.
Science from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) now shows that the microbiome in the colon is essential for good health. The enema series protocol can be beneficial for people with health struggles such as IBS, prostate issues, anal fissures, hemorrhoids, anxiety, celiac disease, dementia, and heart disease. Scientific research now confirms the connection between an unhealthy microbiome and inflammation, which is the central cause of most pain, mental health imbalances, and disease.
The Optimal Health Network has developed the 3-step enema series to help you clear out the entire colon and optimize the health of your microbiome, as well as feed the cells of the colon wall, all while supporting the body's overall detoxification pathways.
Wondering how to do an enema at home? On this page I present the protocol that I use in my clinic to clear out the entire colon with an enema series.
Single Enema vs. Enema Series
Clinically, the enema series is more effective than a single enema. The first two enemas in the series prepare the colon by emptying out toxic byproducts. The purpose of the coffee enema is to absorb the coffee into the portal vein**, and we recommend that you don't also absorb the very toxic byproducts that you are trying to get out of the body. The enema series was created to optimize the therapeutic benefits of the coffee enema.
** The hepatic portal vein is a blood vessel that conducts blood from the gastrointestinal tract and spleen to the liver. The liver receives about 75% of its blood through the hepatic portal vein.
Coffee Enema Instructions
Why Choose the Enema Series Kit?
Clinically, the enema series is more effective than a single enema. The first two enemas in the series prepare the colon by emptying out toxic byproducts...
BUY ENEMA SERIES KIT
Optimal Health Network's Enema Series Protocol
Our made-for enema goat milk soaps contain butyric acid, the main food source of the cells in the lining of the colon, which helps the cells to function properly and maintain the integrity of the intestinal lining.
Our made-for-enema soap also stimulates the colon without irritating it, thereby increasing the healing properties and effectiveness of the colon-cleansing therapy.
- Use 1-4 quarts of filtered water and made-for-enema goat milk soap.
- Soak soap in the water for 20-60 seconds. The amount of water and soap one uses varies between people: a more sensitive person needs less soap, and your colon will let you know how much enema solution to take in. During this enema, start out on your left side.
- After the first ½ to 1 quart of filtered water has been delivered into the colon, turn onto your back. Massaging the abdomen during this time assists the body in receiving the water with less cramping.
- The first enema doesn't need to be held at all; once the colon is full, sit on the toilet and empty.
WATCH VIDEO: How to Use the Goat Milk Enema Soap
This enema is used to clear out the second half of the colon, balance electrolytes, optimize for healthy bacteria, and strengthen overall immunity. You ought to be able to take at least 2 quarts of water into your body during this colon cleanse. Take your time with this enema.
- Add 2-4 quarts of water to enema bucket or bag.
- Add one teaspoon of Celtic sea salt and 2-4 drops of OHN Colon Cleanse Essential Oil Blend to each quart of filtered water.
- The second enema doesn't need to be held.
- Sit on the toilet and empty.
This enema, using organic enema coffee, adds an additional level of therapy to your colon cleanse by assisting your liver and gallbladder.
- Use one quart of filtered water with one tablespoon to one cup of brewed, organic, made-for-enema coffee for this colon cleansing solution. This enema adds an additional level of therapy to your colon cleanse by assisting your liver and gallbladder.
- Hold the coffee enema solution for 12-15 minutes, after you have taken all of the coffee solution into your colon.
- Once the time has passed, sit on the toilet and empty.
Coffee Enema Detox Recipes
The enema series protocol listed above will not deplete the body of electrolytes, will increase the amount of healthy microorganisms in the colon, will improve overall immunity, will support the liver, and will not irritate sensitive colonic tissues. In this way, regular enemas are very healthy for most people.
Ten Days to Optimal Health
Eating well goes hand in hand with regular enemas. In order to maintain your excellent health, you need to feed your body the nutrients that it requires to nourish your cells, glands, organs, muscles, bones, etc. There is no way around this. Colon cleansing, without the proper diet to support your individual biochemistry, will not allow you optimal health over time.
I recommend that you work through my book,
Ten Days to Optimal Health. This 35-day nutritional and cleansing program is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach using food and colon cleansing to bring your body towards a state of optimal health. I am confident that by following the entire 35 days of the health program, as laid out in the book, your health will improve.