View Detailed Product Info (PDF)
Ortho B Complex is a comprehensive B complex supplement that includes eight essential B vitamins to support healthy methylation and carbohydrate metabolism, and to protect against stress-induced nutrient depletion.
- Supports healthy methylation and carbohydrate metabolism
- Promotes nervous system, immune and adrenal health
- Supports neurotransmitter production for a positive mood
- Protects against stress-induced nutrient depletion
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) - While naturally abundant in whole grains, thiamine is lost in many of the over-processed grains commonly consumed today. Thiamine is an essential co-factor in the production of ATP in the cells’ Kreb's cycle, and is also needed for the metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. A recent randomized double blind placebo-controlled trial found that supplementation with high-dose thiamine also supports blood sugar balance.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - Riboflavin is a precursor to flavin adenine dinucleodtide (FAD) and flavin mononucleotide (FMN), both of which are central to energy production and intermediary metabolism, and act as powerful antioxidants. Riboflavin-depleted cells have been found to display signs of greater oxidative stress and disrupted energy generation.
- Vitamin B6 - Vitamin B6 is involved in over 100 enzymatic reactions in the body and is essential for lipid metabolism, neurotransmitter formation, immune health and hormone modulation. A large, prospective study found that women who consumed, on average, 4.6 mg of vitamin B6 daily had significantly better markers of cardiovascular health compared to women who consumed an average of 1.1 mg daily. In addition, vitamin B6 has been found to boost the immune system in the elderly by increasing the activity of lymphocytes that promote optimal immune function.
- Folic Acid - Often associated with its use in pregnancy to ensure the proper development of healthy neural tubes in babies, folic acid plays a key role in many other functions, including DNA synthesis. Like vitamin B6, folic acid is a key methyl donor, and helps regulate mitochondrial enzymes and energy metabolism.
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) - Vitamin B12, found only in organ meats, seafood and egg yolks, often becomes deficient in vegan and vegetarian diets. The vitamin is essential for the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, the synthesis of proteins, and also plays a role in regulating mitochondrial enzymes and energy metabolism, as well as neurological health. In a population study of 700 women aged 65 and over, more optimal B12 levels were found to be associated with better mood balance and health.
- Biotin - Synthesized by the bacteria in the gut in addition to certain foods, biotin and its cofactors are involved in metabolism of fatty acids, amino acids and utilization of B vitamins. Biotin has also been found to support healthy blood sugar, both in animal and human studies.
- Pantothenic Acid - Pantothenic acid and its biologically active derivative, CoA, are essential to the synthesis of important fatty acids, membrane phospholipids, amino acids, steroid hormones, and energy production. Pantothenic acid has also been shown to have a balancing effect on blood fats in animal studies and has also been shown in the research to support normal tissue repair and recovery.
- Choline Bitartrate - Though not technically a B vitamin, choline is often associated with B vitamins. It is important in the construction of cell membranes and plasma lipoproteins, plays a role in cell signaling and in the synthesis of acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter) and is vital for brain development.